Monday, July 12, 2010

One of those days

Sometimes you just feel terrible and nothing seems to click. Today was like that for me. I woke up late and had to run shorter in the morning. After work, I went for 11 miles. I twisted my left ankle for the first time since I've been here, stepped on a snake and almost got bitten, it was extremely windy and it seemed like there was grit and dirt being blown into my face the entire run. Worst of all I had to go to the bathroom in the woods in a state that only has pine trees. I mean seriously, is it too much to ask to get some leaves around here?

It was just one of those days. They're unavoidable. Everybody has them and it's no surprise that the overbearing frustration gets the best of us at times. But no matter what, we must not lose sight of the goal. For if it is kept in mind there is nothing that can rob us of the sliver hope that gets us through these types of days.

I'll be back on the trails tomorrow tempoing it up, hopefully feeling better. But if I'm not feeling that great I guess it really doesn't matter. Either way, it's going to be a great workout and a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment