Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Glacier National Park


We had a group of 25 interns roll to Glacier National Park this weekend. This was hands down the best weekend I've had in Montana. Yellowstone comes close but the sights along with my sunday long run tops anything I've done here. To the left is a picture of the entire group at Logan Pass, a cool 3 mile hike that we did up a snow bank. In the background is a glacier.

We left late on Friday after work. Most of the group left after lunch but I didn't want to have to make up hours so Brian, Graham, Darren and myself left later. We got to the campsite pretty late at around 12. We went to bed after eating hotdogs.

I woke up early to run on Saturdya morning. I started from St. Mary's campsite and just ran out and back to the left. It was my first time running on concrete since Yellowstone. Felt great.

The rest of the day was spent completing the 6 mile hike to Iceburg Lake. I've never done a polar bear plunge but this had to be nearly as hardcore. Basically, it was the greatest ice bath I've ever taken. There were freaking icebergs in the water!


As awesome as Saturday was, Sunday was perhaps even cooler. After completing the greatest long run ever, we went rock/bridge jumping into a waterfall. The water was cold but not as cold as Iceberg Lake. I had the wind knocked out of me immediately on impact. It was awesome.


We headed to Logan Pass after the jumping. Although it was only 3 miles, trekking through the snow was tough. The animals around got very close - only place in the world where you can see mountain goats! The drive back was only 4 hours compared to the 6 that it took us to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment