Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Suns Out Guns Out

So it's been raining on and off here the past two days and it's getting kind of annoying. I started my run at 6 this morning and got soaked. But then it was sunny by the time I finished. It's weird cause I'll be sweating and there will be a snow-capped mountain off in the distance.
Anyways, day 2 of work was slightly better. I used my afternoon break to go for an insanely short rowboat ride. Running still feels terrible but I did managed to go for >50 minutes this morning. I'm aiming for an hour tomorrow morning. All the interns drove out to Phillipsburg, which is an hour away, to play softball against some other team but doubling prevented me from going.
Oh, and I almost forgot to tie everything back to the title. Finished off my evening run with half a mile of strides. It was freezing out but I had to go shirtless since the sun was out. The possibility of impressing the interns who were outside didn't cross my mind at all I swear haha.

2 comments:

  1. Is the altitude the killer or the hills or both??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting used to it now. But it's the combination of both. Like sometimes I'll be laying in bed and breathing will feel funny. And the hills are just really hard to run up cause they're always more than half a mile each haha.

    ReplyDelete