Sunday, June 6, 2010

Summit Sunday 1 - Mt. Ebe

The past two days have been absolutely filled with fun and excitement. I got a care package from my mom, which was awesome and also allowed me to do laundry for the first time. That comprised the latter half of my day while the first half was spent going on the most picturesque run I've ever been on. Andrew and I decided to try and find a loop that would spit us out to the other side of Moose Lake Road. The plan was to go on Trail 29, follow it to Trail 119, go past Edith Lake, then connect onto Trail 24. That didn't happen. Instead, we followed trail 29 and ended up running up a mountain for an hour.
Stuff I saw on the run:
moose
white water waterfall
top of huffpuff mountain
western edge of the great divide
death
Total Climb: 1550 feet.
Total Time: 1:51:20
It was a great run - we reached the summit and couldn't go any further due to 3 foot snowdrifts. I never thought I'd average 10:30 pace for a prolonged period of time and be exhausted. I did that today.

3 comments:

  1. the best part about every post is that it's so easy to imagine you saying all this stuff out loud in person!

    your blog is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! 10:30 pace? wow. thats like twice as slow as your normal long run pace. lol. anyways...hope everything is going well. we're in eugene now. hayward is sick! getting lots of quality time with dolan! prolly the best part of course.

    ReplyDelete