Sunday, May 30, 2010

Great Divide Ranch




Flew into Missoula at 10 last night. The plane ride was an hour and a half of me talking to an interesting woman named Cecily, who was returning from a couple years of doing service work in Costa Rica. She had a very heartfelt story and it was nice to meet such a pleasant person. Anyways, was picked up by this guy and the van ride to the ranch was a daze. I slept in the back seat for the majority of the ride, only to be woken up by a series of bumps on the road. Turns out that we had just entered the 12 mile long driveway of the ranch, a beautiful dirt road that I plan to log hundreds of miles on.
The ranch itself was completely different from what I had imagined it to be. Google Earth was wrong! I'm literally in the middle of nowhere. Also, there's another intern here who runs and we went for a run this morning. I'm not used to being at 6000 feet and it was harder and the combination of that and hills make normal runs challenging. It was freezing this morning as well. It was 40 degrees when I ran and it actually snowed last week. It's going to be a great 10 weeks.
Entrance to the Ranch:

No comments:

Post a Comment